CarterEnergy to Celebrate 50 Years
Educational Outreach Program Will Ask Children, "What Will Fuel the Future?"
2010 marks a milestone in CarterEnergy’s history—its 50th year in operation. Founded in 1960 by Sam Carter, CarterEnergy has grown from a one-store retail operator, to a multi-branded, 9-state fuel distributor known as being “The Complete Energy Source” to its many Midwest and Gulf-based retail and commercial customers.
To celebrate, CarterEnergy will be commemorating the event with a multi-year celebration designed to give back to those to whom they owe their long-term success—namely their Associates, Customers and their Communities.
What Will Fuel the Future?
This is the core idea behind CarterEnergy’s 50th Anniversary Campaign. “With the future of energy being such a high profile and, often, emotionally charged topic,” says Deborah Baska, VP Marketing Operations, “CarterEnergy seeks to stimulate adults and children of all ages to think about one of the biggest questions in society today: What kinds of energy will be needed to fuel the future?”
CarterEnergy is obviously interested in the responses to this question, as the future of energy is tightly aligned with the future of CarterEnergy. “This campaign is like a big research project for our company,” says Kerry Oliver, Chief Administrative Officer. “We would be thrilled to find a nugget—a great idea that CarterEnergy could incorporate into its future plans.”
And while it’s uncertain exactly what will fuel the future, CarterEnergy does know who will fuel the future: Our children. With this in mind, during its 50th-year celebration, the company will launch their energy-based educational outreach program for children grades K-8: What Will Fuel the Future?
The program will feature an educational RoadShow experience that will tour the company’s geography (the Kansas City, Dallas, Oklahoma City and Denver metro areas), visiting public events, customer locations and schools. “CarterEnergy is excited to be able to offer children a fun way to learn about energy-related topics like ‘What are renewable fuels?’ and ‘Where do fossil fuels come from?’” continues Baska, “and we know that their parents will enjoy learning right along with them!”
CarterEnergy’s WhatWillFuelTheFuture.com website will offer teacher curriculum that can be used in classrooms to complement the RoadShow learning experience. The website will also invite community friends to interact by uploading photos, logging “What will fuel the future” ideas in the Idea Book, entering contests, viewing RoadShow routes and photos, and learning more about Energy Fun.
Please visit CarterEnergy’s Online Press Kit at WhatWillFuelTheFuture.com to learn more.
Care to comment? Please share your thoughts on this story.
In the News:
NACS Online (January 26, 2010): CarterEnergy to Celebrate 50 Years by Asking Children, "What Will Fuel the Future?"
- Fairfax District Facilities Grand Opening 10/1/2015
- CNG/Diesel Fueling Station Plans 4/7/2015
- Employees Raise Funds to Help Oklahoma Tornado Victims 6/25/2013
- SIGMA Elects Oliver to Board of Directors 4/15/2013
- Web.Next Phase 2 Brings Added Functionality for Comm'l End Users 1/4/2013
- 2012 RoadShow Inspires Awe (and Envy) 10/26/2012
- 15th Annual Convenience Store Open Raises $55,000 10/26/2012
- Bryan Beaver Wins PMCA Award 10/26/2012
- World Fuel Services Completes CarterEnergy Acquisition 9/4/2012
- CarterEnergy to Embrace the Future with World Fuel Services 8/6/2012
- Spring 2012 School RoadShow Recap 5/16/2012
- Web.Next Project Brings Online Self-Help 5/2/2012
- CarterEnergy Seminar with CBC Learning Center 1/25/2012
- New President Named at CarterEnergy Corporation 11/15/2011
- Dream Making at the 14th Annual Convenience Store Open 11/15/2011
- Diverse Guests Spark Learning at CarterEnergy 10/3/2011
- CarterEnergy Launches ValuesME Appreciation and Rewards Program 9/9/2011
- CarterEnergy Associates Race for the Cure 9/7/2011
- Motorcycle Madness in Kansas City! 7/1/2011
- Halfway There! 2011 RoadShow Update 6/28/2011
- Let CarterEnergy Fuel Your Fundraiser! 3/3/2011
- CarterEnergy Introduces The Complete Fleet Card 2/16/2011
- 2010 “What Will Fuel the Future?” RoadShow Rolls to a Stop 11/24/2010
- CarterEnergy Celebrates Driver Appreciation Week 11/24/2010
- Dave Milligan Honored as “Employee of the Year” by Industry 9/27/2010
- Kansas City-Area Schools Closed the School Year with RoadShow 6/17/2010
- “What Will Fuel the Future?” Campaign Gets Energized 4/12/2010
- What Will Fuel the Future RoadShow Kicks Off 3/29/2010
- CarterEnergy to Celebrate 50 Years 1/22/2010
- CarterEnergy Celebrates Grand Opening of New PDC 12/22/2009
- CarterEnergy Customers Review Benefits of “Walking the Store” 8/31/2009
- CarterEnergy Embraces Social Media 8/26/2009
- Brand Bulletins Help Retailers Fulfill Their Brand Promise 8/13/2009
- CarterEnergy Partners Up With the Better Horses Network 7/22/2009
- CarterEnergy Partners with ExxonMobil 6/1/2009
- CarterEnergy Partners with DTN on Electronic BOLs 5/19/2009
- Three Men in a Truck Running Safe in Oklahoma 5/18/2009